Five players to be dropped from current squad in training for Namibia’s CAF Nations’ Cup clash against Congo-Brazzaville on Saturday

WINDHOEK: Five players will be dropped from the current squad in training for Namibia’s Confederation of African Football (CAF) Nations’ Cup clash against Congo-Brazzaville here on Saturday.

Senior national football team coach Ricardo Mannetti told Nampa today that 22 out of 25 players called-up are now in camp.

Another call-up, Tangeni Shipahu, was expected to report for national duty today from Thailand, where he plies his trade in the Thai Premier League.

Two players did not turn up for the training camp – Tigers’ football club defender Pekka Hamukwaya and German-based Hansa Rostock midfielder Manfred Starke – because of personal reasons.

Mannetti said the training is going well so far, and all the players are doing well, apart from some small knocks, but it is not something to be worried about.

The final team will be trimmed down to 18 players tomorrow.

SOURCE: NAMPA