Oshakati KFC Nearly Burns Down

THE Oshakati Kentucky Fried Chicken building at Oyetu business complex was nearly burnt down after one of its chip fryers caught fire yesterday morning.

Workers told The Namibian that it appeared cooking oil fell on one of the hot fryers and started the fire, which destroyed food that had been prepared before it was put out by the Oshakati town council fire brigade.

The workers said they called Oshana Security, the fire brigade, the police and Oshakati Premier Electric who responded quickly and put out the fire before it spread throughout the building.

The fire also disrupted business for the entire day.

“We would have lost much if the fire was not immediately put out,” one of the workers said, adding that they are busy cleaning up and are sure to resume normal work this morning.

Source : The Namibian