Robbers Struck Okahandja Security Company

A GANG of three armed robbers struck a security company at Okahandja yesterday and escaped with an undisclosed amount of money.

Police spokesperson Sergeant Slogan Matheus confirmed the robbery and said two guards who work for Security 247 company were robbed in front of the First National Bank branch at the town.

The robbery took place between 10h00 and 11h00 when the guards were about to enter the bank to deposit the money collected from different outlets around Okahandja.

Matheus said the robbers fled with boxes of money and the guards joined the police officers in chasing after the getaway car, which was later involved in an accident.

“After the accident, the suspects fled the scene on foot. This time they managed to take along two boxes, and left the other two in the car,” Matheus said.

Security 247 owner Joe Kleinhans also confirmed that his guards were robbed, but said they were confident that the guards were not involved in the heist.

“It is an outside job. The robbers shot one guard during the robbery but we are close to apprehending them,” he said, adding one of the suspects was injured in the accident.

In another case, the couple murdered over the weekend at Blouwes village north of Keetmanshoop were the parents of one of the pupils at JA Nel Secondary School who allegedly went on a killing spree late last year.

Charles Bloodstaan (40) and Elda Elmarien Bloodstaan (46) were allegedly stabbed to death by 25-year-old Samuel Jossop on Saturday between 02h00 and 03h00, allegedly after a disagreement over a bonfire at a traditional festival.

According to Karas Regional Crime investigation coordinator deputy commissioner Rudolf Isaak, the suspect appeared in court yesterday.

“His case has been postponed to 30 July for further investigations. He is still in custody as he was refused bail,” Isaak said.

Isaak further confirmed to The Namibian that one of the six schoolboys suspected of robbing and murdering three people in Keetmanshoop on a two-month killing spree last year was the son of the deceased couple.

“The accused is a minor and he is still in police juvenile cells. He was notified about the death of his parents by a local pastor on Saturday,” Isaak said.

He also added that the boy will not attend his parents’ burial.

Source : The Namibian