Investigations into NQA boss’ attempted murder case still ongoing

Investigations into the alleged murder case of a prominent chief executive officer in Windhoek who allegedly shot and wounded his 29-year-old wife with a 7,7mm in the early hours of 16 November 2019, are still ongoing.

Court documents availed to Nampa on Friday morning showed that accused Frans Ernest Gertze made another appearance before Windhoek Magistrate Samunzala Linus Samunzala on Thursday (yesterday) and his alleged attempted murder case was postponed to 16 April this year (2020), pending further police investigations into the matter.

The postponement was made a final remand for further police investigations as per agreement reached between Senior Public Prosecutor Rowan van Wyk and Gertze's privately-instructed defence lawyer Trevor Brockerhoff in court.

It also came to light on Thursday during Gertze' appearance that the police investigating officers did not yet finish compiling the case's photo plan that contains pictures (photos) taken from the scene of the alleged attempted murder incident.

The alleged attempted murder incident happened at the couple's home in Pioneerspark at around 00h30 on 16 November 2019.

Gertze had allegedly heard intruders walking into his house and he randomly opened fire in their common bedroom, where his wife was at the time.

The 55-year-old suspect allegedly thereafter transported the victim (wife) to the Roman Catholic Hospital where she was treated for some weeks.

An alleged suicide note believed to be written by the accused (Gertze) was found in the house by the police.

The house was, however, not broken into and the victim was with him at the time of the incident.

The firearm used, belongs to the suspect and was recovered in the house together with another one that was found in the suspect's car.

Gertze is facing two charges of attempted murder and negligent discharge of a fire arm, read with domestic violence act, respectively.

Gertze is now free on bail of

Source: Namibia Press Agency