Man dies in shack fire at Okahandja

A 35-year-old man at Okahandja'sNau-Aib informal settlement allegedly burned to death after a shack he was sleeping in was gutted by fire in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Namibian Police Force (NamPol)'s Otjozondjupa Acting Regional Police Commander, Deputy Commissioner Moses Khairabeb in an interview with Nampa said the deceased has been identified as Immanuel Nghilokwa.

It is alleged Nghilokwa had fallen asleep with a candle on after he finished to prepare food on a gas stove at his shack, said Khairabeb.

Inquest 13/2019 has been opened at the Okahandja Police Station and his next of kin have been informed of his death, Khairabeb added.

Police investigations in the matter continue.

Source: Namibia Press Agency