A 47-year-old female employee of Standard Bank’s branch at Arandis has been arrested for the alleged theft of N.dollars 1.1 million from the bank last week.The Namibian Police Force in a crime report on Sunday said the suspect reportedly took N.dollars…
More On Business
- Kunene, Ohangwena to benefit from WFP food voucher programme
- Clarification on the object, terms and use of the Rapid Financing Instrument (RFI) by Namibia from the International Monetary Fund (IMF)
- UNDP calls for urgent collaborative action to revive damaged ecosystems
- Congolese national arrested with cannabis of over N.dollars 1 million
- New FMD outbreak confirmed in Zambezi
A 47-year-old female employee of Standard Bank’s branch at Arandis has been arrested for the alleged theft of N.dollars 1.1 million from the bank last week.
The Namibian Police Force in a crime report on Sunday said the suspect reportedly took N.dollars 800 000 in cash from the safe at the bank and handed it over to an unknown person at the B2 road on Thursday.
“On Friday the suspect was called by the same person who requested an additional deposit of N.dollars 306 000 into a Bank Windhoek account,” the police said.
The woman was arrested and set to appear in the Swakopmund Magistrate’s Court on Monday.
According to the police, the money had not yet been recovered by Sunday.
The police also reported that an 18-year-old Namibian male was arrested Friday night after he was allegedly found in possession of cannabis and Mandrax tablets at Swakopmund.
The suspect was arrested in Hendrik Witbooi Street after he was allegedly found in possession of two big parcels, one medium parcel and 10 small parcels of cannabis, as well as two full Mandrax tablets, two halves and one crushed Mandrax tablet valued at N.dollars 3 900. Police investigations continue.
Source: Namibia Press Agency